Product Manager - Viewing & Client Apps
Join us in building one of the fastest growing video streaming platforms on the African market.
At Showmax, we’re bringing world-class video-on-demand entertainment to our customers. For us, that means fun, innovation, cutting-edge technology, and building a platform people like to use. Showmax, available in 50 countries in sub-Saharan Africa and over 30 international markets worldwide, is the highest rated streaming app in South Africa in both the Google Play and Apple app stores, as of 5 August 2022. We believe in our work and we focus on working with people - inspiring them to learn, experiment, and explore new ideas. We all love to push technology to its limits.
What is the plot?
Showmax is continuously expanding to other markets and extending its portfolio, meaning we are keenly focused on implementing new payment integrations and various deals such as data + Showmax subscription bundles.
Showmax's Product team will include you in its narrower product focus - Viewing & Client apps that ensure users have a great and relevant viewing experience across all platforms. You will apply a customer-centric approach and work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the platform continues to deliver content seamlessly. You will have a designer, researcher, or analyst to help you.
What role will you play?
We’re looking for someone who will be able to implement change control procedures to systematically track and manage modifications to the product and its processes, ensuring proper documentation and assessment for compliance implications. In close alignment with in-market teams, the customer experience team, and user research teams, the position takes a holistic approach to consider product requirements in the viewing space. Monitoring against agreed goals and benchmarks, the role involves identifying and scoping possible enhancements.
Additionally, continuous research and review of best-in-class experiences from competitors and the broader industry are essential, with recommendations made on how to adapt for Showmax content. The position also entails the day-to-day governance of engaging with Peacock. Through these responsibilities, the position plays a crucial role in ensuring effective collaboration, compliance, and enhancement within the team and broader industry context.
Your daily tasks:
- Define vision and objectives for Showmax Product Viewing Experience.
- Maintain and contribute to overview of all product priorities linked to business objectives and OKR’s for product viewing experience.
- Own the viewing product roadmap in close collaboration with the Chief Product Officer and Senior Product Manager.
- Lead product discovery initiatives to explore new opportunities for enhancing the Showmax viewing experience, leveraging data analysis, competitive research, and user feedback.
- Collaborate with design to prototype, test, and validate new product ideas and features. Work with user research, design, and content presentation and content teams to identify key users’ needs in the viewing space.
- Work with user research, design, analytics and content presentation and content teams to identify key users’ needs in the viewing space. Work with Peacock to review and optimize viewing experience, including understanding AB testing being conducted to improve experience.
- Identify and develop metrics to develop track monitor to ensure user experience is good and understood well. Report on performance against key metrics.
- Analyze and make recommendations on requirements in the viewing space e.g. content discovery metrics and advancements, data settings and download features etc.
- Work with Peacock to ensure global roadmap deliverables in the viewing space are translated correctly for local requirements.
- Ensure that delivery and releases of global roadmap features as well as Showmax specific requirements in viewing space are understood and communicated to all Showmax teams. Coordinate with internal Showmax teams where relevant.
- Work closely with content and content operations to ensure viewing experience is considered holistically.
- Assume responsibility for statements of work for Peacock for viewing requirements.
- Coordinate statements of work process for content protection and operations.
- Own delivery and updates to product elements that Showmax product teams are responsible for including FAQs, plan descriptions, Privacy policies etc.
- Review and share reporting on platform performance with operations teams.
- Own device roadmap and ensure with Peacock that requirements for device partners are met. Track usage on performance of devices.
- Oversee the Showmax's viewing experience across all platforms, including the website, mobile apps, TVs and gaming consoles, ensuring a seamless and intuitive user experience that aligns with platform-specific capabilities and user expectations. Own and coordinate content discovery requirements and enhancements.
- Own and coordinate content discovery requirements and enhancements. Review performance of rails with content and content presentation teams and drive optimization and associated initiatives.
- Own backlog for Premier League product features. Work closely with key stakeholders, including SuperSport and Sport Experience manager to ensure PL product becomes “Home of Football” in Africa.
What skills do you need to play your role well?
- Experience in leading product discovery processes to identify opportunities, ideate and validate solutions.
- Proven ability to project manage cross-functional growth initiatives from strategy to execution to optimization.
- A deep understanding of users and the ability to meet their needs through technological solutions are essential.
- Experience with running/driving software as a service or subscription focused products.
- Experience in managing vendors, capable of effectively advocating for our company's interests and able to serve as a strong and assertive partner in conversations with outsourcing companies to secure favorable terms and outcomes.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work with data, metrics and experimentation.
- Strong track record on driving and improving engagement in digital products.
- Ability to comprehensively present roadmaps and status updates to senior stakeholders.
- Solid track record in working with Vendors and other platform teams.
- Demonstrated experience in setting joint goals and roadmaps with UX or tooling/product teams.
- Good understanding of the ML Lifecycle (Platform and/or Infrastructure needs, data labeling, etc.).
- Experience with A/B Testing.
- Contract Management.
What can you expect in return?
- Working in an international environment on an impactful globally scaled technology in cross-functional team with an agile approach.
- Work equipment as per your specifications.
- Annual bonus based on your performance.
- Hybrid work, combining working from our office to be closer to the team and working from home.
- Work life balance thanks to flexible working hours.
- Generous free day scheme providing 25 days of holidays + 5 days of on-demand leave (sick days).
- Contribution to Multisport Card or Benefit Card.
- Meal Allowance.
- Learning opportunities with access to Udemy, O’Reilly, and our internal library of physical books, as well as a budget for attending conferences, including strong support if you want to present at a conference yourself.
- Team building activities.
- Language classes (English or Czech).
Is this the right position for you? I look forward to receiving your CV/LinkedIn profile at firstname.lastname@example.org.