Java Developer Content Management System
Join us and build a streaming platform used by millions.
We’re excited to witness the recently announced partnership between Showmax, Sky and NBCU coming to life here in Prague. Following the recent announcement of our partnership; that will bring some of the world’s best content and technology to streaming customers across sub-Saharan Africa, Sky are hiring developers to make it happen.
You might know Sky for TV. But we’re more than that. We’re a tech business. We’re broadband and broadcasting, streaming and sports, mobile and magic. And we’re proud to be part of the Comcast NBCUniversal family, creating incredible technology and entertainment that connect millions of people to the moments and experiences that matter most.
We’ve already rolled out NBCUniversal’s streaming platform Peacock to our European audiences. Now you have the opportunity to work on an exciting new venture powered by Peacock’s leading, globally scaled technology.
What is the plot?
Millions of customers use our apps and we have always been looking to improve by pushing the boundaries in our products and services providing every one of our customers experiences they love.
What role will you play?
We are looking for a strong Java Developer who would like to help develop our latest large scale CMS project for Sky OTT International. Working in an Agile environment, this role will suit an experienced Java Developer who wants to broaden their skill set in an international multilingual CMS application.
- Deliver excellent quality software using agile techniques
- Assist in developing application deployment, monitoring and automated control artifacts
- Strive for continuous improvement – be able to improve existing practices and techniques from within the team with enthusiasm
- Assist in the development the CMS application using Java and Spring
- Unit, Functional and Performance test code for robustness including edge cases, usability and general reliability.
- Assist in the maintenance and support of the AWS infrastructure, Postgresql Database and Object Caching layers
- Actively help the team improve our automated test systems
- Extensive experience creating quality Java based applications
- Having worked on live high-volume websites
- Proficiency in at least one Continuous Integration tool (ideally Jenkins)
- Experience in automated testing frameworks
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services such as AWS
- Strong experience in SQL and Postgres
- Strong understanding of Spring and Spring Boot
- Extensive experience with Agile Principles
- Exposure to Content Management and Content Distribution Networks
- Good experience with REST APIs
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux and scripting languages (Bash, etc.)
What can you expect in return?
- Working in an international environment on an impactful globally scaled technology in cross-functional team with an agile approach
- Open and healthy working culture where we care about people as much as about stability of the code
- Annual bonus based on your performance
- Hybrid work, combining working from our office to be closer to the team and working from home
- Work life balance thanks to flexible working hours
- Generous free day scheme providing 25 days of holidays + 5 days of on-demand leave (sick days)
- Ergonomic office and kitchen full of tasty snacks
- Contribution to Multisport Card or Benefit Card
- Meal Allowance
- Team building activities
- Events, meetups, hackathons in the office or elsewhere