Join us and build a streaming platform used by millions.
We’re excited to witness the recently announced partnership between Showmax, Sky and NBCU coming to life here in Prague. Following the recent announcement of our partnership; that will bring some of the world’s best content and technology to streaming customers across sub-Saharan Africa, Sky are hiring developers to make it happen.
You might know Sky for TV. But we’re more than that. We’re a tech business. We’re broadband and broadcasting, streaming and sports, mobile and magic. And we’re proud to be part of the Comcast NBCUniversal family, creating incredible technology and entertainment that connect millions of people to the moments and experiences that matter most.
We’ve already rolled out NBCUniversal’s streaming platform Peacock to our European audiences. Now you have the opportunity to work on an exciting new venture powered by Peacock’s leading, globally scaled technology.
What role will you play?
You will be part of a dynamic team developing client applications and making sure our technology delivers the best experience for our customers.
What You'll Do:
- Craft high-quality software utilizing agile methodologies
- Design clean, efficient, and reliable code
- Deliver highly scalable and extremely reliable products (our customers demand 99.999% availability)
- Collaborate with fellow developers, exchanging knowledge and insights - prepare to learn a lot!
- Passionately introduce top-notch technology and software development practices into the team
- Participate in the entire development cycle, from analysis and implementation to testing and operation
- Embrace operational excellence and support as integral aspects of the development team's responsibilities
What You'll Bring:
- Proficiency in native iOS languages, specifically Swift
- Strong iOS development background
- Familiarity with Design Patterns and Object-Oriented Design principles
- Comprehensive knowledge of key iOS architectural components, including Model-View-Controller (MVC), Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM), and Coordinator patterns
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Practical knowledge of network protocols, along with an understanding of latency and reliability challenges
- Demonstrated experience with multithreading, request queuing, and caching in code
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools and processes
- Excellent teamwork, self-motivation, and eagerness to learn
- Creative thinking, strong analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Fluency in English
What can you expect in return?
- Working in an international environment on an impactful globally scaled technology in cross-functional team with an agile approach
- Open and healthy working culture where we care about people as much as about stability of the code
- Work equipment as per your specifications
- Annual bonus based on your performance
- Hybrid work, combining working from our office to be closer to the team and working from home
- Work life balance thanks to flexible working hours
- Generous free day scheme providing 25 days of holidays + 5 days of on-demand leave (sick days)
- Ergonomic office and kitchen full of tasty snacks
- Contribution to Multisport Card or Benefit Card
- Meal Allowance
- Learning opportunities with access to Udemy, O’Reilly, and our internal library of physical books, as well as a budget for attending conferences, including strong support if you want to present at a conference yourself
- 2-3 days company offsite 2x per year
- Team building activities
- Events, meetups, hackathons in the office or elsewhere
- Language classes (English or Czech)