Head of Analytics
MultiChoice Group is the leading Pay TV provider in Sub-Saharan Africa, and clear market leader in most countries. Its strategy is to offer the best local and international content across multiple platforms to customers wherever they are.
Showmax is part of MultiChoice.
The group’s strength lies in its focus on local language and culture, its entrepreneurial spirit and the quality of its workforce. Over the years MultiChoice has built a successful track record of identifying trends early, adapting them for the markets in which it operates and leveraging them to maximum advantage.
The group generates revenues mainly by collecting subscription fees, with a moderate contribution from advertising revenue.
Its key objectives are to:
- Build its Pay TV and SVOD subscriber base
- Focus on investment and technology
- Maintain a local approach
- Provide quality service
- Attract innovative and motivated employees
YOU WILL BE WORKING CLOSELY WITH
- Executive team of Connected Video
- Multichoice Brand and Marketing teams
- Multichoice CII
- Multichoice Strategy teams
- Head of Brand and Marketing
- Head of Product
- Head of Operations
- Head of Content
- CVM team
- CV Finance teams
- Third Party Data & Analytics Vendors, Consultancy partners
PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE
- The role of Head of Customer Analytics exists to lead the delivery of analytics and data science projects to support business planning, development and execution of Showmax strategy, and performance measurement.
- Partner with teams from across Showmax, and the wider MultiChoice Group to develop customer and customer segment understanding, opportunity identification and sizing, and lead the development of analytic assets (segmentations, predictive models) that support user growth. ▪ Lead the development of the analytics platforms, data sources and analytics and data science tools to meet changing business needs
- Collaborate with senior leaders across Showmax and MultiChoice to clarify key business questions and scope and prioritise major analytic tasks that lead to actionable outcomes and the creation of business value.
- Develop analytical insights into the underlying drivers of commercial performance supporting the development of a data led customer strategy.
- Lead the delivery of a portfolio of Analytical assets utilising advanced analytics, data science, AI and machine learning techniques where applicable to business problems.
- Deliver customer segmentation that supports a better understanding of behaviors and value drivers within the customer base including Customer Lifetime Value.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to develop the technology to deliver leading automated marketing and communications.
- Regularly track and deliver insights to track performance and understand the drivers of acquisition, disconnections, and churn, understand reasons, trends and dynamics and;
- Develop short, medium and long term recommendations across the customer lifecycle to drive improvements in the customer lifetime value.
- Manage the development of the data sources & data engineering to transform that data into usable structures supporting Analytics.
- Work with Technology, Engineering and Group teams to implement the latest developments in Data and Analytics technology.
- Manage budget for Analytics tools, data engineering, and data development.
- Build and manage a team of Analysts, Data Scientists and Data Engineers.
- Strong experience leading and developing teams within an industry with large amounts of customer, product and channel data and a fast moving commercial environment. (TV or entertainment experience is desirable but not essential)
- Experience in working with senior leaders to develop commercial strategy with support from analytics and data science.
- A natural affinity with the use of data to solve commercial challenges – you may well have a career background in conducting Analytics or Data Science or Data Engineering.
- Must have a passion for leveraging data and insights to drive profitable customer growth.
- Strong capability in driving actionable insights from data
- Project Management
- A good working knowledge of Data, Analytics and Data Science tools and technologies, a proven ability to manage and develop technically skilled talent within these disciplines.
- A good understanding of the wider technology ecosystem around Analytics including but not limited to data architecture, analytics and data visualisation tools, Cloud based technologies (e.g.: AWS/Azure)
- Ability to understand business objectives and align to CVM, CX and Retention
- 25 days of holidays
- 5 sick days
- Annual bonus based on performance
- Fully remote work possible
- Flexible hours
- Equipment that you prefer - Lenovo or Apple laptop, monitors, etc.
- Meal vouchers, MultiSport card
- Education - internal knowledge sharing, conferences, online courses, time allocation for learning purposes
- Ergonomic workspace, good coffee and snacks in the office