Digital Marketing Specialist
Showmax is one of the largest and most successful subscription video-on-demand services serving sub-Saharan Africa. Showmax apps are available for smart TVs, smartphones, tablets, computers, media players and gaming consoles. The engineering team has the unique challenge of supplying shows from Hollywood’s biggest studios, local African productions, and live sports from around the world to consumers in developing economies - all without compromising quality.
Engineering and development activities are centered in Prague. This team of almost 140 people is the engine room of Showmax and acts as a streaming center of excellence for the entire MultiChoice Group. The marketing team is based in South Africa and partially in Prague.
As a Digital Marketing Specialist, your job will be to help Showmax improve our digital growth and performance by planning and executing paid media strategies. You will be managing paid digital campaigns to reach Showmax's business goals.
Our team values:
- Team players - “One Team, One Dream”
- Self-Starters - We actively look for opportunities and capitalize on them
- Holistic Thinking - We always seek the full picture “from the balcony”
- Positive Attitude - Look for solutions and learn from mistakes, no loser-mindset
- Honesty - Brutal honesty and accountable approach, that's how we like it
- Effectively manage the paid media campaigns in order to maximize ROI.
- Manage campaign expenses, staying on budget, estimating monthly costs, CPA and reconciling discrepancies.
- Drive intentional traffic, and convert into monthly paying subscribers.
- Suggest and execute weekly tests, collect and analyze data, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid campaigns.
- Track, report, and analyze website analytics and paid media campaigns.
- Research and analyze competitor digital advertising tactics.
Wanted experience and knowledge:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience managing paid search and/or paid social campaigns across Google, Opera, Meta and others.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in search engine marketing.
- Experience with website analytics tools (Google Analytics, Amplitude…) and Programmatic.
- Strong analytical skills and experience generating SEM reports.
- Familiarity with A/B and multivariate experiments.
- Understanding of all relevant marketing platforms, including but not limited to Google Ads and Meta Ads, as well as other search and display marketing engines.
Working @ Showmax:
- 25 days of holidays
- 5 sick days
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Working remotely (relocation support available) or at our office in Prague
- The equipment that you prefer - Lenovo or Apple laptop, monitors, etc.
- Meal vouchers, MultiSport card
- Education - Internal knowledge sharing, conferences, online courses, time allocation for learning purposes, book club
- Ergonomic workspace, good coffee and snacks in the office