Join us and build a streaming platform used by millions.
We’re excited to witness the recently announced partnership between Showmax, Sky and NBCU coming to life here in Prague. Following the recent announcement of our partnership; that will bring some of the world’s best content and technology to streaming customers across sub-Saharan Africa, Sky are hiring developers to make it happen.
You might know Sky for TV. But we’re more than that. We’re a tech business. We’re broadband and broadcasting, streaming and sports, mobile and magic. And we’re proud to be part of the Comcast NBCUniversal family, creating incredible technology and entertainment that connect millions of people to the moments and experiences that matter most.
We’ve already rolled out NBCUniversal’s streaming platform Peacock to our European audiences. Now you have the opportunity to work on an exciting new venture powered by Peacock’s leading, globally scaled technology.
What is the plot?
Our team develops and supports market-leading video streaming services, underpinned by state-of-the-art engineering principles. We do this at huge scale: for millions of customers globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that our diverse audiences can easily find and enjoy whatever they want to watch, choosing from the world’s best entertainment, news and sport.
You will join the Online Video Platform team (OVP) within Global Video Engineering & Apps where you will be positioned within business-critical propositions that support all our global streaming initiatives such as NOW, Sky Go, Peacock and SkyShowtime.
What role will you play?
You will be responsible for automating and streamlining tooling for cloud-based services using a range of scripting languages, automation tools, and cloud-native services. You will work with a variety of development / DevOps teams and business partners to ensure that cloud automation activities are secure, reliable, and efficient. We are on the lookout for motivated and outstanding individuals who want to be involved in ground breaking technology that truly pushes the boundaries and growth of streaming!
Your daily tasks:
- Exploring and implementing new ways to automate systems, across a domain that powers business-critical streaming propositions globally.
- Design and implement automation strategies, solutions and policies across a range of web API, network and cloud-based technologies.
- Automate aspects of deployment and management of cloud-native applications.
- Track and fix automation issues and develop solutions
- Develop and maintain scripts to automate tasks and processes.
- Collaborating with other scrum teams to help support their technical roadmaps by offloading deployment activities into our team workflow and achieving cross-team and department goals through automation.
- Provide technical support and training to other team members.
- Solve and debug cloud issues.
- Create and maintain detailed technical documentation.
What skills do you need to play your role well?
- Extensive system automation knowledge
- Experience with DevOps and/or CI/CD
- Experience working with REST APIs and multi-distributed systems e.g. Cassandra
- Familiarity with configuration and build tools including Jenkins, Gradle, Maven
- An understanding of message driven systems e.g. Kafka, Amazon Kinesis, ActiveMQ
- Applied knowledge of agile methodologies and software engineering concepts e.g. XP, Scrum, Pair Programming, TDD, BDD
- Ability to communicate well with other teams and consult with developers of all levels of experience
What can you expect in return?
- Working in an international environment on an impactful globally scaled technology in cross-functional team with an agile approach
- Open and healthy working culture where we care about people as much as about stability of the code
- Work equipment as per your specifications
- Annual bonus based on your performance
- Hybrid work, combining working from our office to be closer to the team and working from home
- Work life balance thanks to flexible working hours
- Generous free day scheme providing 25 days of holidays + 5 days of on-demand leave (sick days)
- Ergonomic office and kitchen full of tasty snacks
- Contribution to Multisport Card or Benefit Card
- Meal Allowance
- Learning opportunities with access to Udemy, O’Reilly, and our internal library of physical books, as well as a budget for attending conferences, including strong support if you want to present at a conference yourself
- 2-3 days company offsite 2x per year
- Team building activities
- Events, meetups, hackathons in the office or elsewhere
- Language classes (English or Czech)