Join us and build a streaming platform used by millions.
We’re excited to witness the recently announced partnership between Showmax, Sky and NBCU coming to life here in Prague. Following the recent announcement of our partnership; that will bring some of the world’s best content and technology to streaming customers across sub-Saharan Africa, Sky are hiring developers to make it happen.
You might know Sky for TV. But we’re more than that. We’re a tech business. We’re broadband and broadcasting, streaming and sports, mobile and magic. And we’re proud to be part of the Comcast NBCUniversal family, creating incredible technology and entertainment that connect millions of people to the moments and experiences that matter most.
We’ve already rolled out NBCUniversal’s streaming platform Peacock to our European audiences. Now you have the opportunity to work on an exciting new venture powered by Peacock’s leading, globally scaled technology.
What is the plot?
Millions of customers use our apps and we have always been looking to improve by pushing the boundaries in our products and services providing every one of our customers experiences they love.
What role will you play?
You will be part of a dynamic team developing client applications and making sure our technology delivers the best experience for our customers.
Your daily tasks:
- Develop excellent quality software using agile techniques
- Design clean and reliable code
- Deliver highly scalable and highly reliable products (yes, our customers expect 99.999% availability)
- Collaborate with other developers, sharing and receiving knowledge
- Promote best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm
- Contribute to the whole development cycle, analysis, implementation, testing and operation
- Operation excellence and support are part of the development teams’ responsibility
- Ensure that our applications are compatible with different versions of Android and different screen sizes.
What skills do you need to play your role well?
- Development in languages such as Java or Kotlin
- Experience with Android SDK, Android Studio, Gradle, and Git.
- Knowledge of Android App Architecture
- Experience working with Restful APIs
- Ability to work well in a team, self-driven and eager to learn
- Creative thinking, analytical skills, with attention to detail
- A passion for Android development and a desire to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills
- Fluent in English
What can you expect in return?
- Working in an international environment on an impactful globally scaled technology in cross-functional team with an agile approach
- Open and healthy working culture where we care about people as much as about stability of the code
- Work equipment as per your specifications
- Annual bonus based on your performance
- Hybrid work, combining working from our office to be closer to the team and working from home
- Work life balance thanks to flexible working hours
- Generous free day scheme providing 25 days of holidays + 5 days of on-demand leave (sick days)
- Ergonomic office and kitchen full of tasty snacks
- Contribution to Multisport Card or Benefit Card
- Meal Allowance
- Learning opportunities with access to Udemy, O’Reilly, and our internal library of physical books, as well as a budget for attending conferences, including strong support if you want to present at a conference yourself
- 2-3 days company offsite 2x per year
- Team building activities
- Events, meetups, hackathons in the office or elsewhere
- Language classes (English or Czech)