Design Team Lead at ShowmaxApply now
Showmax is one of the largest and most successful subscription video on demand services serving sub-Saharan Africa. Showmax apps are available for smart TVs, smartphones, tablets, computers, media players and gaming consoles. Engineering team has the unique challenge of supplying shows from Hollywood’s biggest studios, local African productions, and live sports from around the world to consumers in developing economies - all without compromising quality.
Engineering and development activities are centered in Prague. This team of almost 100 people is the engine room of Showmax and acts as a streaming center of excellence for the entire MultiChoice Group.
The Design Team Lead is responsible for leading and overseeing product design for the company, defining the design approach and working towards the highest design standards possible.
The Design Team Lead:
- Works with the Design Senior Manager to establish, drive and articulate a design strategy and vision.
- Builds a design culture that encourages innovation while balancing the need for optimization.
- Hires, organizes and guides design talents.
- Collaborates with the product and engineering leads to set effective processes for proper discovery and delivery of the product.
- Helps with the prioritization, distribution and coordination of tasks within the team ensuring that these tasks are completed in an effective and timely manner.
- Communicates complex ideas and issues with stakeholders at different levels within the organization. Stakeholders are kept aware of the progress taking place within the design portfolio.
- Is responsible for the technical management of the team in the areas of product design, providing support and critique on all areas of User Experience Design.
Expectation from the role:
- Provides continuous and comprehensive feedback on performance and behavior to team members.
- Handles team performance issues and requests.
- Sets the tone for team culture and maintains healthy employee engagement.
- Helps with improvement of junior designers in the design team.
- Keeps the team up to date on company vision, mission and strategy and sets high ethical standards in compliance with company values.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Experience in leading, coaching and directly managing a design team.
- A user-focused design mentality, with experience in obtaining and using user feedback to improve products.
- An understanding of how to balance product improvement through business strategy alongside constant product discovery.
- A good understanding of the toolsets used by product design professionals e.g. Figma, Sketch, User Research and Collaboration tools.
- Experience in designing for multiple customer facing digital environments e.g. Android, IOS, Web Desktop & Mobile, TV applications.
What we offer:
- 5 weeks of vacation
- Fully remote work possible
- Kitchen full of good and also healthy stuff
- 5 sick days
- Choose your laptop, additional hardware, and OS (Linux / Mac preferred)
- Access to Udemy, internal library of books we own, and shared subscription to O’Reilly
- Optional, partially-funded Multisport Card
- We fund conference expenses
See other positions (22)