Product Manager for Payments at ShowmaxApply now
Our goal is to be Africa’s most loved online storyteller. Showmax is one of the largest and most successful subscription video on demand services serving sub-Saharan Africa. Our apps are available for smart TVs, smartphones, tablets, computers, media players and gaming consoles.A small-ish team in Prague (about 120 people across engineering, design and PM) manages the majority of the product and enjoys reasonable freedom. MultiChoice Group (ex Naspers) offers an umbrella and benefits of a stable company.
You will be responsible for a critical part of our user journey - managing the prepaid/ subscription transactional journeys of our embedded 3rd party payment integrations for both new and existing customers.
Via 11 of our dedicated billing territories across Africa our customers can choose from several different payment methods that best suit their preference. From card transactions, through to mobile wallet solutions, bank transfers, Add to Bill solutions and POS vouchers you will work closely with the ‘’in territory’’ payment team that source the necessary payments solutions assisting them with the implementation of new billing solutions from a Product perspective. In addition you will work hand in hand with our acquisition team where you shall facilitate the smooth billing management of new users through the onboarding journeys - ensuring conversation rates are optimised. Once users are on-boarded to a Showmax ‘’Plan’’ your your role will be to ensure a users can simply manage their forthcoming payments to provide continuity of their service.
As part of a small squad you will have a UX designer at your disposal along with engineering and analytical support.
Your daily tasks:
- Work independently and together with your engineering and design counterparts identifying the opportunities to explore, discover, test and oversee delivery of the validated solutions.
- Meet with users on a regular basis (we do weekly remote interviews with our customers).
- Work closely and in conjunction with other teams that take care of existing areas (acquisition, new payments).
- Communicate the progress on a regular basis to the stakeholders.
We imagine you like this:
- You have strong demonstrable experience with online/mobile payment methods and in the optimization of their conversion rates.
- You may have worked for a major player within the domestic or international space who predominantly acquires users and sells their products online (Antivirus, E-commerce, Mobile/ internet provider, Bookings etc. Ideally you have worked on the consumer side of a billings solutions provider (Fintech/ Mobile operator/ Paypal/GOPay Revolut/ Visa etc)
- Whilst you will not need to write any code, you understand the technical principles of processing billing within the online/mobile space with 3rd party solutions.
- You are aware of ‘’best practices'’ and the psychology of users and the billing friction points of subscriptions.
- You have a good understanding of modern ‘’transparent’’ subscription methodologies and ideally ‘’One Click’’ billing.
- You have strong commercial acumen, understanding that not all revenue is created equal and that ARPU, CLV, RIO all impact your work.
- With the support of Data Analysts you can understand, interpret and cross reference various data points via Google Analytics, Amplitude or similar. You can expertly distil this information into simplified presentations to communicate your wins, failures and learnings. .
- Running an A/B test is second nature to you.
- You know that gut feeling is something you acquire through data and experience. Until then, any idea is an assumption that needs to be tested.
- Product management skills: you can prioritise ruthlessly based on data and user research.
- You don’t wait for others to provide what you need, you can communicate and roll up your sleeves if necessary.
- You’re a positive person that can keep the spirit of the team high.
- You have advanced English, both written and spoken.
We can offer:
- Remote work with regular visits in the office.
- Ability to be part of a B2C product with an African twist.
- Agility of a smaller company, stability of a large one.
- Chance to learn and grow in a multinational environment.
- 5 sick days.
- 5 weeks of vacation.
- Offices in Prague 5 right on a subway line.
See other positions (22)