Product Manager for Payments at ShowmaxApply now
Our goal is to be Africa’s most loved online storyteller. Showmax is one of the largest and most successful subscription video on demand services serving sub-Saharan Africa. Our apps are available for smart TVs, smartphones, tablets, computers, media players and gaming consoles.A small-ish team in Prague (about 120 people across engineering, design and PM) manages the majority of the product and enjoys reasonable freedom. MultiChoice Group (ex Naspers) offers an umbrella and benefits of a stable company.
You will be responsible for a critical part of our user journey -- collecting the payments. Not just for new customers, but also for repeat customers.
Our customers can choose from several payment methods. There is an existing team dealing with 3rd parties who focuses on bringing new payment methods with whom you will need to cooperate. Your task will be improving the existing flow and existing payments with one goal in mind: increasing the conversion rate.
Your other stakeholder will be the Acquisition team who’s primary task is converting anonymous traffic from our landing pages into signed-up customers. You will take it from there and carry the user through the payment.
You will have a UX designer at your disposal.
Your daily tasks:
- Work independently and together with your engineering and design counterparts identify the opportunities to explore, discover, test and oversee delivery of the validated solutions.
- Meet with users on a regular basis (we do weekly remote interviews with our customers).
- Work closely together with other teams that take care of existing areas (acquisition, new payments).
- Communicate the progress on a regular basis to the stakeholders.
We imagine you like this:
- You have experience with conversion optimization -- e-commerce, SaaS or similar.
- Running an A/B test is second nature to you.
- You know that gut feeling is something you acquire through data and experience. Until then, any idea is an assumption that needs to be tested.
- You understand data (Google Analytics, Amplitude or similar).
- You understand the psychology of a buyer, can address friction and concerns of customers.
- Product management skills: you can prioritize ruthlessly based on data and user research.
- You don’t wait for others to provide what you need, you can communicate and roll up your sleeves if necessary.
- You’re a positive person that can keep the spirit of the team high.
- You have advanced English, both written and spoken.
We can offer:
- Remote work with regular visits in the office.
- Ability to be part of a B2C product with an African twist.
- Agility of a smaller company, stability of a large one.
- Chance to learn and grow in a multinational environment.
- 5 sick days.
- 5 weeks of vacation.
- Offices in Prague 5 right on a subway line.
See other positions (19)