Product Manager Lead at ShowmaxApply now
Showmax Engineering develops and operates large scale, end-to-end platform for on-line video on demand streaming. Showmax platform includes video ingestion, encoding pipeline, content management system, authentication, payment management, video streaming through in-house developed clients for website, Smart TVs, iPhones/tablets/TVs from Apple and Android and we operate our own content delivery network. Our platform runs in our own private cloud – currently 800 servers operated in Hetzner data center in Germany. In-house development is critical to provide quick innovations specific for African markets and efficiently scale the business– keeping the platform costs low while scaling up the number of the users. Examples of Africa’s specific needs include different payments methods (Kenya doesn’t use credit cards, they use M-Pesa instead), internet connections have lower bandwidth so we need to use different codecs/bandwidth profiles than in Europe/USAetc.
- PM contributes to creating the product vision on the high level and aligns the vision with the rest of the management and defends this vision if needed.
- Create and maintain a Product Roadmap.
- Tell a clear story of the direction the product is going. It needs to be up to date, and reflect the problems, opportunities and requirements of the business at any time. It is not necessary to plan features for the year ahead, but it is key to communicate areas of focus/opportunities that Showmax will focus on.
- Work with the engineering counterparts and other stakeholders to fulfill the plan.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Analytics, and Research to define the strategic product plan for our content management platform and other critical tools that support the ability to ingest content and display it to customers.
- Create and manage the roadmap in close collaboration with the Head of Product Development. Key responsibilities span the following areas.
- Ownership of the entire content management lifecycle and tools. Understanding how to bring in key video content to our platform, ingest it, and then display it successfully so we can deliver the core video product to our customers.
- Create innovative ways to display content to customers while also creating a simple workflow for the content operations team.
- Collaborate with other product managers on how content is displayed to users in the product.
- Minimum of 6 years in Product Management essential, with a track record of delivery in the e-commerce, video-on-demand or similar growth and user focussed industry.
- Deep understanding of users and ability to meet their needs through technology solutions are essential.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work with data, metrics and experimentation
- Consistent track record of driving user or revenue growth through experimentation
- Experience with running/driving software as a service or subscription focussed products
- Strong understanding of UX and Design principles.
- Experience in managing C-Level expectations, and ability to comprehensively present roadmaps and status updates to this group
- Solid track record in working with Engineering teams
Technical and Behavioral Competencies:
- Product Development Strategies
- Agile Product Management methodologies
- UX and Design Principles
- Growth Marketing Principles
- Relationship Building
- Decision Making
- Persuasion and Influence
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Remote team
- African market
- Building awareness of modern product discovery techniques among the management
- Alt: Getting buy-in on modern product discovery techniques among the management (agile ways of working)
What you’ll get in return:
- some usual benefits such as 25 days of holidays, 5 sick days, Edenred Ticket Restaurant Card (123CZK).
- up to 5 days at the home office per week (depends on an agreement with your manager) to save time from every day commute and let you be with your family. Unlimited home office during COVID-19 pandemic.
- a budget for attending conferences, buying books, and other professional learning services to support your self-development.
- an ergonomic workspace, hardware according to your choice of an Apple or Lenovo brand and MultiSport card. Because we want you to work in a healthy work environment and friendly atmosphere to feel comfortable and do your best magic also from your home place.
Looking forward to meeting you in person!
See other positions (19)