Backend Solutions Architect at ShowmaxApply now
Join us in building and maintaining one of the largest video streaming platforms in the world.
At Showmax, we’re bringing world-class video-on-demand entertainment to our customers. For us, that means fun, innovation, cutting-edge technology, and building products people love to use. We believe in our work and we focus on working with people - pushing them to learn, experiment, and explore new ideas.
A bit about the team:
Showmax is continuously expanding to other markets and extending its portfolio, meaning we are keenly focused on implementing new payment integrations and various deals such as data + Showmax subscription bundles.
You will be joining a team of 6 engineers that is a part of the larger Backend team at Showmax. Our team is mainly responsible for payment gateway implementation, and related API services written in Ruby. Our cooperation with product managers and project managers is extensive and now we are looking to add one more piece to the puzzle.
Who are we looking for:
We’re looking for someone who will be able to work together with the product team to find solutions to business needs. You will need to efficiently communicate with our partners in order to come up with a technical design that will cater for the specifics of the situation while adhering to existing Showmax systems. In your role you will get in touch with various companies such as telecommunications service providers, payment aggregators or different entities within the Multichoice environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Communication with partners about the technical side of the project.
- Validating technical architecture proposed by the partner and coming up with your own design when needed.
- Analyzing technical documentation provided by the partners.
- Practical verification of the API documentation - you should be able to use curl or Postman to call an API collection and evaluate the results.
- Evaluating technical implications of the partnerships (e.g. the need for a VPN connection, requirement of a special bitrate for video playback, ...).
- Communicating the technical requirements to the engineers.
- Serving as a bridge for technical questions and open points between the engineers and the partner.
You can look forward to:
- Working in an international cross-functional team.
- Having an impact on product definition, collaborating on decisions that are data-driven and A/B tested.
- An agile approach with fast delivery into production.
- The challenge of analyzing business requirements, designing solutions, and cooperating with engineers on the delivery of your projects.
- Learning about the technical aspects of how a company of our size works, and how to build a SVOD streaming service for a very large number of customers.
See other positions (19)