Privacy and Legal Counsel at ShowmaxApply now
Showmax Engineering develops and operates large scale, end-to-end platform for on-line video on demand streaming. Showmax platform includes video ingestion, encoding pipeline, content management system, authentication, payment management, video streaming through in-house developed clients for website, Smart TVs, iPhones/tablets/TVs from Apple and Android and we operate our own content delivery network. Our platform runs in our own private cloud – currently 800 servers operated in Hetzner data center in Germany. In-house development is critical to provide quick innovations specific for African markets and efficiently scale the business– keeping the platform costs low while scaling up the number of the users. Examples of Africa’s specific needs include different payments methods (Kenya doesn’t use credit cards, they use M-Pesa instead), internet connections have lower bandwidth so we need to use different codecs/bandwidth profiles than in Europe/USAetc. Join
Africa’s most loved storyteller!
Purpose of the Position:
- To create and maintain web apps that are compelling and which enables our users to consume our world-class content through latest available web technologies.
- Manages contractual agenda, including negotiation with vendors and legal documents drafting including SLAs.
- Ensures compliance with local regulatory framework and EU laws and regulations to the extent applicable for the company.
- Monitors and follows-up any changes in legislation, assessment of Confidential possible impact on company activities.
- Provides full and quality day-to-day legal advice and support in all company operations including engineering, product development and marketing campaigns across Connected Video.
- Coordinates and manages all company issues related to legal compliance and privacy compliance together with other respective teams.
- Master’s degree in Law.
- Excellent knowledge of Commercial and Civil Law, Contracts, Competition Law, Data Protection Law, IPLaw; knowledge of media/SVOD legislation is an advantage.
- IAPP certification is an advantage.
- Experience as an in-house Privacy or Legal Counsel in Corporate of at least 2 years, preferably with large international operating technological company.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to reach the agreement.
- Independence, responsible approach to work and willingness to find solution.
- Excellent knowledge of English language is mandatory.
- Up-to-date knowledge about different legal requirements concerning all aspects of company compliance and legal requirements.
- Critical and strategic thinking, open mind, communication skills and project management.
What you’ll get in return:
- Some usual benefits such as 25 days of holidays, 5 sick days, Edenred Ticket Restaurant Card (123CZK).
- Up to 5 days at the home office per week (depends on an agreement with your manager) to save time from every day commute and let you be with your family. Unlimited home office during COVID-19 pandemic.
- A budget for attending conferences, buying books, and other professional learning services to support your self-development.
- An ergonomic workspace, hardware according to your choice of an Apple or Lenovo brand and MultiSport card. Because we want you to work in a healthy work environment and friendly atmosphere to feel comfortable and do your best magic also from your home place.
See other positions (22)