Full-stack Ruby Developer at ShowmaxApply now
Full-stack Ruby Developer
Work at Showmax and help us build the best-in-class streaming video platform!
At Showmax, we’re bringing world-class video-on-demand entertainment to our customers. For us, that means fun, innovation, cutting-edge technology, and building products people love to use. We believe in our work and we focus on working with people - pushing people to learn, experiment, and bring in new ideas.
A bit about the team:
You will be joining an international team of 9 that is a part of a bigger backend team at Showmax. Our team is mainly responsible for authentication application and payment gateway implementation (full stack web applications) as well as related API services written in Ruby.
Who are we looking for:
We’re looking for an engineer to help us improve and maintain our product. Our complex SVOD platform is built on microservices architecture with most services written in Ruby and Go. The full-stack applications maintained by our team are developed in the Ruby on Rails framework.
Do you want to work as a full stack developer? Then you will do well if you can meet some of these skills:
- You have experience building customer facing software, with focus on user experience, reliability, performance, and monitoring.
- You feel comfortable to challenge the way things are done, and are not afraid to improve it.
- You can fluently communicate in English every day.
- You have proficient knowledge of Linux operating system.
- The DevOps approach is the way you want to do stuff: running, monitoring, debugging, and improving the application is the vital part of software development.
- You have experience integrating with third party APIs (e.g. payment providers).
You can look forward to:
- Well maintained application based on the MVC architecture, with Rails concerns and service classes used where applicable. Our view layer utilizes github/view_component library and SLIM/HAML templating language with SCSS as CSS preprocessor.
- A place where writing automated tests is a regular part of any task.
- Working in an international team of backend engineers.
- Having an impact on product definition, collaborating on decisions that are data driven and well A/B tested.
- An environment where we prefer an agile approach with fast delivery of your changes into production, with the ability to see the impact in a few minutes, not days or months.
- The challenge of developing new features, designing APIs, and being responsible for the software you have delivered.
- Collaboration with other team members and across the teams, and being responsible for overall delivery.
- Learning about the technical aspects of how a company of our size works, and how to build a SVOD streaming service for a very large number of customers.
- 5 weeks of vacation
- Fully remote work possible
- Kitchen full of good and also healthy stuff
- 5 sick days
- Choose your laptop, additional hardware, and OS (Linux / Mac preferred)
- Access to Udemy, internal library of books we own, and shared subscription to O’Reilly
- Optional, partially-funded Multisport Card
- We fund conference expenses
- You get Developer’s access to Showmax
See other positions (22)