Full-stack Ruby Developer at ShowmaxApply now
Full-stack Ruby Developer
Join us in building and maintaining one of the largest video streaming platforms in the world.
At Showmax, we’re bringing world-class video-on-demand entertainment to our customers. For us, that means fun, innovation, cutting-edge technology, and building products people love to use. We believe in our work and we focus on working with people - pushing them to learn, experiment, and explore new ideas.
A bit about the team:
We’re expanding to other markets and extending our portfolio, meaning we are keenly focused on implementing new functionalities, new features, and keeping up with technological advances. In cooperation with our product team, we always aim to improve user experience.
You will be joining a team of 6 engineers that is a part of the larger Backend team at Showmax. Our team is mainly responsible for our authentication application, payment gateway implementation (full-stack web applications), and related API services written in Ruby.
Who are we looking for:
We’re looking for an engineer to help us improve and maintain our product. Our complex SVOD platform is built on a microservices architecture with most services written in Ruby and Go. If you would like to work on full-stack Ruby on Rails applications as well as APIs written in Ruby, you will fit in just fine at Showmax.
As a full-stack Ruby developer, it would be great if:
- You have experience building customer-facing software written in Ruby that is focused on user experience, reliability, performance, and monitoring.
- You have experience integrating with third party APIs (e.g. payment providers).
- You feel comfortable to challenge the way things are done, and are not afraid to improve it.
- You can fluently communicate in English every day.
- You have proficient knowledge of the Linux operating system.
- The DevOps approach is the way you want to do stuff: running, monitoring, debugging, and improving the application.
You can look forward to:
- Working in an international team of backend engineers.
- Working as a full-stack developer, having an impact on product definition, collaborating on decisions that are data-driven and A/B tested.
- An agile approach with fast delivery of your changes into production, and the ability to see the impact in a few minutes, not days or months.
- The challenge of developing new features, designing APIs, and being responsible for the software you have delivered.
- Collaboration with other team members and across all teams, and being responsible for overall delivery.
- Learning about the technical aspects of how a company of our size works, and how to build a SVOD streaming service for a very large number of customers.
- 5 weeks of vacation
- Fully remote work possible
- Kitchen full of good and also healthy stuff
- 5 sick days
- Choose your laptop, additional hardware, and OS (Linux / Mac preferred)
- Access to Udemy, internal library of books we own, and shared subscription to O’Reilly
- Optional, partially-funded Multisport Card
- We fund conference expenses
- You get Developer’s access to Showmax
See other positions (18)