Android Developer at ShowmaxApply now
Showmax is one of the largest and most successful subscription video on demand services serving sub-Saharan Africa. Showmax apps are available for smart TVs, smartphones, tablets, computers, media players and gaming consoles. Engineering team has the unique challenge of supplying shows from Hollywood’s biggest studios, local African productions, and live sports from around the world to consumers in developing economies - all without compromising quality.
Engineering and development activities are centered in Prague. This team of almost 100 people is the engine room of Showmax and acts as a streaming centre of excellence for the entire MultiChoice Group.
About the role:
Get ready for bringing joy by streaming movies, series and live sports to millions of households. We offer a chance to shape the future streaming platform. This is not a “monkey job”. You'll be responsible for the concept and architecture of the app, possibly the whole platform, optimize the work, code, and processes that bring it to life. We love to be challenged, and building our SVoD with worldwide ambitions certainly qualifies as a pretty big challenge.
About the Team:
The Showmax Android team currently consists of five members, most of them senior. Having worked together for more than two years, focusing on writing clean, testable, and easy-to-scale code.
As a whole, Showmax Engineering has about 80 developers on the team, and we’re growing steadily - so, if you’re interested in working on more than just Android development, that’s music to our ears. If you would like to tackle any kind of work or tool across engineering and help others as well as yourself, we’re all going to win. It’s our priority to focus on the product and our users, but the personal and professional growth of our team members is important to us, and we support it as much as we can.
What to Expect:
- It all started with Java, but Kotlin is our darling. All of our new code and tests are written in Kotlin.
- Our architecture is MVP-based. Familiar with it? Good. But, if you convince us that you have a better way, we’d love to hear it.
- You need to have relevant experience with dependency injection and writing tests. QA automation is an integral part of our daily work - you can read more about that here.
- We’re a close team full of curious problem-solving people, and we’re looking for the same in you.
- We pride ourselves on being proactive and providing meaningful feedback. Don’t like something in the app, code, or company culture? Say it. Let’s talk about it. Let’s get better.
- We’re looking for team members with strong personalities - people who don’t shy away from any issues we face. Get out there and take the initiative to make it better and we all benefit - including our users.
What we offer:
- We care about people as much as we care about the stability and quality of the code. We’re looking not just for a colleague, we’re looking for a friend. We want a healthy work environment, and work closely with our employees to realize that.
- Nice office with a great environment.
- Your workstation is where the magic happens, and we’ll build yours to your specs. Tell us your HW preferences, and ideal setup, and that’s what you’ll get.
- Fully remote work possible
See other positions (18)